Nevada Humane Society in urgent need of cat food
November 22, 2017
The Nevada Humane Society said it's in desperate need of cat and kitten food, a need that increases each year.
Contributions of dog food tend to arrive regularly, unlike supplies for cats.
"We provide food for cats in our care at two shelters, plus those in foster care — and our numbers of cats are always two to three times higher than the dogs," said Kimberly Wade, communications director for Nevada Humane Society.
The shelter is holding a cat food drive that seeks canned food and dry kibbles of any brand, but no fish flavors.
The shelter, at 549 Airport Road, is closed on Thanksgiving but will operate its regular schedule, 11 a.m. to 6:30 p.m., on Friday.
Food can also be shipped to the Reno location, 2825 Longley Lane, via Amazon (use AmazonSmile to benefit the shelter) or Chewy.com.
Trending In: Announcements
- $10,000 reward offered in Gardnerville Ranchos homicides
- Washoe County Sheriff: ‘Similarities’ between Douglas, Reno murders
- Sex under scrutiny: Sex worker Alice Little: ‘Something new is going to happen’
- 2019 State of the State Address: Gov. Sisolak seeks 3 percent raise for Nevada state workers
- Carson Tahoe Medical Center set to expand