Nevada State Railroad Museum hosting annual Harvest Train
October 10, 2017
October means the harvest moon and at the Nevada State Railroad Museum, it means the Harvest Train.
The museum is hosting its third annual Harvest Train over two weekends in October, with steam train rides, a pumpkin patch, craft fair and food trucks.
The event will be held from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., Oct. 14-15 and Oct. 21-22. Also, the Carson City Fire Department will be bringing a ladder truck to the museum on Oct. 14 from 1-2 p.m.
The museum's historic rolling stock — including the Glenbrook and Inyo locomotives — will be on display inside the Jacobsen Interpretive Center and the museum store will be open.
All-inclusive pricing is available for unlimited train rides and museum admission at $15 for adults, $10 for museum members, $5 for children 4-17, and free for ages 3 and younger. Regular pricing is also available.
Wristbands will be sold at the event and advance purchase is not required.
Recommended Stories For You
The museum is at 2180 S. Carson St. For information, call 775-687-6953, ext. 224.
Trending In: Announcements
- Carson City Democratic Men’s Committee to meet April 2
- NV Energy offering $50 to recycle old refrigerators
- Carson City broadcast of Handel’s Messiah to celebrate Easter season
- Congressional candidates visiting Douglas County Democratic Women in Minden
- Carson City yoga celebrating new location with open house on Saturday