Nonprofit horse rescue celebrating milestone Sunday
August 20, 2018
LBL Equine Rescue said it's preparing to celebrate an important milestone: three years of saving lives.
The nonprofit horse rescue, based in Silver Springs, is hosting a three-year anniversary celebration on Sunday.
Festivities from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. will include live music by Lee Jones, raffles and vendors.
Activities will take place outdoors at LBL Equine Rescue, 3315 Highway 50, Silver Springs.
Those who attend will get the chance to see the horses currently housed at the facility.
According to Robyn Brown, a board member for LBL Equine Rescue, the nonprofit is going on three years of taking care of abused and sick horses.
Recommended Stories For You
"Unfortunately, we have been seeing a lot of influx of sick and injured horses and we are in desperate need for better shelters and panels to keep the new additions. We are hoping with this celebration we can not only get our name out into the community but also raise the needed funds to get the last few shelters completed before winter," Brown said.
The horse rescue depends on donations from the community to keep its doors open.
To make a donation or for information, go to http://www.lblequinerescue.org.
Trending In: Announcements
- Washoe County spokesman: Woodside Drive arrest in Carson City related to murders in Washoe County
- Suspect in Ranchos, Washoe homicides in custody
- Washoe County Sheriff: ‘Similarities’ between Douglas, Reno murders
- NDOT announces plans for traffic lights at dangerous intersection
- Sex under scrutiny: Brothel owner seeks understanding with advocacy nonprofit