Pancreatic cancer awareness run/walk slated for Saturday
September 10, 2018
The Pancreatic Cancer Action Network will benefit from a 5K and 10K run/walk, fun run and bench press competition on Saturday, Sept. 15.
The fundraiser, presented by the Carson City Kiwanis Club, Kaia FIT and Tahoe Mountain Milers, offers a course that starts and finishes at the Silver Oak Golf Course Clubhouse.
Awards will be given to the top male and female finishers in each age group.
The run/walk will start at 8 a.m. The bench press competition is scheduled from 7 to 9 a.m.
Registration is $10 for the bench press, $30 for the run/walk and $10 for the fun run, open to ages 12 and under.
The event also offers a four-person golf scramble with men's women's, mixed division and senior flights at 9 a.m. The cost to play is $100 per golfer.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Announcements
- Washoe County spokesman: Woodside Drive arrest in Carson City related to murders in Washoe County
- Suspect in Ranchos, Washoe homicides in custody
- Washoe County Sheriff: ‘Similarities’ between Douglas, Reno murders
- NDOT announces plans for traffic lights at dangerous intersection
- Sex under scrutiny: Brothel owner seeks understanding with advocacy nonprofit