Pirates, Pins and Pints: Bowling fundraiser to benefit area seniors
September 20, 2018
Seniors in Service's annual fundraiser, "Pirates, Pins and Pints," is being held at the National Bowling Stadium, 300 N. Center St. in Reno from noon to 3 p.m. on Oct. 20.
Organizers said the event will be a fun, pirate-themed, family event with silent auction items, costume contests, and awards for best/worst bowling teams.
The cost to participate is $100 per four-person team. The fee includes three games, shoes, and drink tickets.
Online registration is available at http://www.bowlathon.net. Proceeds go to Seniors in Service, seniors serving children and seniors in Northern Nevada.
"This event is fun for the whole family. It is a great opportunity to meet some of our senior volunteers while you are having fun and supporting a great cause," said Mary Brock, executive director for Seniors in Service.
Seniors in Service is a nonprofit organization serving Northern Nevada. Two programs managed by the agency are the Senior Companion Program and the Foster Grandparent Program.
Recommended Stories For You
The Senior Companion Program places volunteers, 55 years and older, with seniors in the community who are over the age of 60, live independently and who can benefit from socialization. The Foster Grandparent Program places seniors 55 and older with at-risk children in supervised settings to help them achieve academic and social goals.
Trending In: Announcements
- State briefly: Seniors again be eligible for property tax breaks
- 2018 GE Family Concert Series kicking off in Minden with Journey tribute band
- Alcoholics Anonymous meetings held in region to boost those battling alcohol addiction
- Find Your Trail: Event to celebrate 50th anniversary of National Trails System
- Nugget in Carson City hosting St. Patrick’s Day celebration