Public comment sought on Costco air quality operating permit
September 14, 2018
The Nevada Division of Environmental Protection is asking for public comment regarding a new Class II Air Quality Operating Permit for Costco Wholesale in Carson City.
The Bureau of Air Pollution Control has made a preliminary determination to issue a new permit for the facility, which is located at 700 Old Clear Creek Road.
The Costco has three 20,000-gallon underground storage tanks, one 40,000-gallon gasoline underground storage tank and one 1,500-gallon fuel additive underground storage tank. Gasoline vapors are controlled by submerged filling of the tanks and a vapor recovery system.
The proposed project won't cause or contribute to a violation of any federal or State of Nevada air quality standards.
Comments are being collected through Oct. 15 by Keri Foster, P.E., Nevada Division of Environmental Protection, Bureau of Air Pollution Control, 901 S. Stewart St., Suite 4001, Carson City, 89701.
Materials related to the permit are posted at https://ndep.nv.gov/posts/category/public-notices/air.
Trending In: Announcements
- Washoe County spokesman: Woodside Drive arrest in Carson City related to murders in Washoe County
- Suspect in Ranchos, Washoe homicides in custody
- Washoe County Sheriff: ‘Similarities’ between Douglas, Reno murders
- NDOT announces plans for traffic lights at dangerous intersection
- Sex under scrutiny: Brothel owner seeks understanding with advocacy nonprofit