Remembrance and candle lighting service set in Carson City
December 5, 2017
Walton's Chapel of the Valley, 1281 N. Roop St., is hosting a remembrance and candle lighting service at 5 p.m. Sunday for anyone in the Northern Nevada community who has lost a loved one.
The service will last about an hour and a half, and everyone is welcome to attend.
"We feel it is always important to remember and honor those we have lost, but especially during the holiday season because this can be an especially difficult time for those who are grieving," said Tammy Dermody, the owner of Walton's. "This service brings such comfort to those who have attended in the past. And we hope it can do the same for even more people."
Walton's has provided funeral services to Nevada for more than 50 years. For information, go to http://www.waltonsfuneralhomes.com.
Trending In: Announcements
- Emergency notification system available to Lyon County residents
- State briefly: Seniors again be eligible for property tax breaks
- NV Energy offering $50 to recycle old refrigerators
- Annual Candy Cane Express holiday trains to run out of Virginia City
- Carson City commodity food distribution planned for Nov. 17