Reno Video Game Symphony looking for musicians; rehearsals begin Sept. 22
August 28, 2018
The Reno Video Game Symphony is beginning its 2018 fall season with its first open rehearsal beginning Sept. 22 and is looking for new musicians.
These open rehearsals are held at the University of Nevada, Reno in the Church Fine Arts building, room 112. There's no fee to participate in open rehearsals.
RVGS has two orchestras that perform regularly in the Reno/Carson area: the Incidental Orchestra and the Symphonic Orchestra.
Both groups are open to musicians of all types and skill levels. IO rehearses are at 4 p.m. and SO rehearses are at 6 p.m. Musicians are welcome to join either and encouraged to join both.
Music for this season will feature selections from the Metal Gear Solid series and will include music from other games as well. Open rehearsals continue through November, leading to a concert in early December.
To join or get more information, visit http://www.rvgs.org, or email sym@rvgs.
Trending In: Announcements
- Douglas County Sheriff’s Office Marine Unit pulls body from 1,062 feet in Lake Tahoe
- Busy Saturday set for Carson City
- Nevada’s newest state park opens near Yerington
- Man held on felony domestic battery, Carson City Sheriff’s Office says
- Male’s remains found inside truck retrieved from Lahontan Reservoir