Santa Trains steaming up at Nevada State Railroad Museum in Carson City
November 30, 2017
The Nevada State Railroad Museum in Carson City will begin its 33rd year of Santa Train on Saturday, Dec. 2.
The Santa Trains will be running the weekends of Dec. 2, Dec. 9 and Dec. 16 from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Children and their families ride in rail cars pulled behind the historic Virginia and Truckee Railroad No. 25 steam locomotive. On their way around the museum's track, Santa hands out candy canes to all the riders and listens to children's Christmas wishes.
Inside the Wabuska Depot, youngsters can write letters to Santa or color pictures. Christmas music will be playing and parents can participate in a raffle with prizes donated by local businesses and individuals. Tickets are $5 for all riders. Children 2 and younger who sit in an adult's lap are free.
Advance tickets are available online at http://bit.ly/2h9FoUV.
The Santa Trains are run in partnership with the Friends of the Nevada State Railroad Museum, 2180 S. Carson St.
Trending In: Announcements
- Washoe County Sheriff: ‘Similarities’ between Douglas, Reno murders
- $10,000 reward offered in Gardnerville Ranchos homicides
- Sex under scrutiny: Sex worker Alice Little: ‘Something new is going to happen’
- Washoe County spokesman: Woodside Drive arrest in Carson City related to murders in Washoe County
- Carson City lawyer finalist for judicial vacancy