Scholarships offered to Carson City, Dayton students
January 28, 2016
The Carson City Retired School Employees Association is offering three $1,000 scholarships to local students interested in pursuing a career in education at a Nevada institution of higher learning.
One Edith Milo scholarship will be awarded to a student from Carson or Pioneer high schools; another will be given to a student at Dayton High School.
The Charles Pettycrew scholarship will be awarded to a student attending Western Nevada College.
Applications are available in each school's counseling office. For more information, call Sheilla Kiley at 775-841-5797.
Trending In: Announcements
- 2018 GE Family Concert Series kicking off in Minden with Journey tribute band
- Supreme Court candidate Leon Aberasturi to be Dems luncheon speaker
- Ag Innovation Forum in Minden to cover weeds, critters and insects
- Douglas County Public Library’s summer reading program to start June 11
- Douglas County candidates to be feature in forum May 3
- Chicago-flavor restaurant coming to Carson City
- NV Energy CEO criticizes Energy Choice amendment
- 2018 Primary Election guide: Justice of the Supreme Court, Seat C
- Cardoza pleads guilty to second-degree murder in 2013 Carson City case
- Arrest for using cell phone while driving, says Carson City Sheriff’s Office