Senior Resource Fair set for Aug. 7 in Carson City
July 28, 2017
A multitude of resources for seniors will be showcased from 1 to 4 p.m. Aug. 7 at the Carson City Senior Center, 911 Beverly Drive.
More than 20 resource booths will be set up at the fair. Organizations to be on hand include: Ormsby Heights Residential Circle; Evergreen Health and Rehab Center; Jump Around Carson (JAC); Seniors in Service; Carson City Health & Human Services; Home Instead; Carson City Public Library Technology Education; Carson City Aquatic Facility; U.S. Bank; Access to Healthcare Network; Seniors Helping Seniors and the Foster Grandparent Program.
Other organizations to be represented are Carson Lodge; Carson Plaza; State of Nevada Aging and Disability Services Division of Department of Health and Human Services; Governor's Office of Energy; Retired and Senior Volunteer Program; Nevada Department of Transportation; Tazmanian Boxing Center and Carson High Cheer.
Hosted by the Orvis School of Nursing and the Senior Center, the event also offers free refreshments, blood pressure readings and more.
For information, call 775-720-9583.
Trending In: Announcements
- Carson City Democratic Men’s Committee to meet April 2
- Carson City broadcast of Handel’s Messiah to celebrate Easter season
- Congressional candidates visiting Douglas County Democratic Women in Minden
- NV Energy offering $50 to recycle old refrigerators
- Carson City yoga celebrating new location with open house on Saturday