Sheriff Ken Furlong to speak at Dems luncheon
August 23, 2018
Sheriff Kenneth T. Furlong will be the featured speaker at Monday's Democratic luncheon. He will speak in support of Question 1, the Marsy's Law Crime Victims Rights Amendment, which is on the November ballot as a legislatively-referred constitutional amendment. A "yes" vote supports the addition of specific crime victim rights, together known as a Marsy's Law, to the Nevada Constitution.
This event is scheduled for 11:30 a.m. on Monday, Aug. 27, at Carson City's Round Table Pizza, on Retail Drive just off College Parkway. An all-you-can-eat buffet lunch is available. All are welcome.
Sponsored by the Democratic Men's Committee, these luncheons help defer expenses at Carson's Democratic HQ while affording the community an opportunity to engage with candidates, office holders, subject matter experts and public policy advocates in an unstructured, open-ended and informal atmosphere. Donations of $5 or more gratefully accepted but are not required.
For information, contact Rich Dunn at 434-8783 or email@example.com.
Trending In: Announcements
- Bill would eliminate death penalty in Nevada
- Revamped Carson City theater holds 2 opening nights
- Apple finishes Reno warehouse, announces Northern Nevada expansion
- Public Utilities Commission: Nevada doesn’t get advance notice of plutonium shipments
- Seaside, California, man dies while skiing at Lake Tahoe