Sierra Club chair to speak on energy questions
September 13, 2018
Anne Macquarie, Chair of the Toiyabe Chapter of the Sierra Club, will be the featured speaker at Monday's Democratic luncheon.
The Toiyabe Chapter covers all of Nevada and parts of eastern California, with groups that meet in the Reno, Lake Tahoe, Mammoth Lakes and Las Vegas areas.
Macquarie's presentation will be focused upon the Sierra Club's stance vis-a-vis Questions 3 and 6, the two energy-related measures on the November ballot.
This event is scheduled for 11:30 a.m. on Monday, Sept. 17, at Carson City's Round Table Pizza, on Retail Drive just off College Parkway. An all-you-can-eat buffet lunch is available. All are welcome.
Sponsored by the Democratic Men's Committee, these luncheons help defer expenses at Carson's Democratic HQ while affording the community an opportunity to engage with candidates, office holders, subject matter experts and public policy advocates in an unstructured, open-ended and informal atmosphere. Donations of $5 or more gratefully accepted but are not required.
For information, contact Rich Dunn at 434-8783 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Trending In: Announcements
- Health Insurance Season begins Monday
- State briefly: Seniors again be eligible for property tax breaks
- Open house to celebrate new location for Carson City Republican Party Headquarters
- Holiday wreath decorating workshop planned in Carson City
- Exhibit tells stories behind vintage clothing at Dangberg Historic Park