Sierra Nevada Forums to cover wildlife through the seasons
December 15, 2017
The next free Sierra Nevada Forum on Jan. 9 is going to be wild.
The event, titled "Western Nevada Wildlife Through the Seasons," will cover everything from raptors to mountain lions and things you never knew you didn't know about the wildlife sharing the region with you.
Two of Nevada State's Wildlife educators will be presenting entertaining stories and facts and about how animals — some familiar and others not — forage, survive and enjoy the local environment as the seasons change.
The free event will start at 6 p.m. in the Brewery Arts Performance Hall, 511 W. King St. Attendees are welcome to arrive early to look at handouts, buy wine and snacks and listen to Vivaldi's "Four Seasons."
Bring the kids and your questions such as why deer have to eat your petunias or if that owl can actually lift your cat.
For information, to our Sierranevadaforums.com, or call 775-690-3913.
Trending In: Announcements
- Emergency notification system available to Lyon County residents
- State briefly: Seniors again be eligible for property tax breaks
- Annual Candy Cane Express holiday trains to run out of Virginia City
- Carson City commodity food distribution planned for Nov. 17
- Carson City Salvation Army offering holiday food baskets to needy families