Sierra Nevada Forums to cover wildlife through the seasons
December 15, 2017
The next free Sierra Nevada Forum on Jan. 9 is going to be wild.
The event, titled "Western Nevada Wildlife Through the Seasons," will cover everything from raptors to mountain lions and things you never knew you didn't know about the wildlife sharing the region with you.
Two of Nevada State's Wildlife educators will be presenting entertaining stories and facts and about how animals — some familiar and others not — forage, survive and enjoy the local environment as the seasons change.
The free event will start at 6 p.m. in the Brewery Arts Performance Hall, 511 W. King St. Attendees are welcome to arrive early to look at handouts, buy wine and snacks and listen to Vivaldi's "Four Seasons."
Bring the kids and your questions such as why deer have to eat your petunias or if that owl can actually lift your cat.
For information, to our Sierranevadaforums.com, or call 775-690-3913.
Trending In: Announcements
- $10,000 reward offered in Gardnerville Ranchos homicides
- Washoe County Sheriff: ‘Similarities’ between Douglas, Reno murders
- 2019 State of the State Address: Gov. Sisolak seeks 3 percent raise for Nevada state workers
- Sex under scrutiny: Sex worker Alice Little: ‘Something new is going to happen’
- Carson Tahoe Medical Center set to expand