Silver City art display to feature paintings by Molly Brunhild
July 19, 2017
Silver City Arts group is sponsoring Outsider Show, a collection of Molly Brunhild paintings, at the Silver City School House and Community Center.
A free reception with light refreshments and the chance to meet the artist will be from 1 to 5 p.m. Saturday.
Brunhild's work is in a number of private collections and the subject of the first chapter of Mary Beth Elam's book, "Mining the Treasures: Contemporary Comstock Artists."
Born in Tennessee, Brunhild spent much of her early life with her grandparents in Florida, and when possible, she visited her writer mother in New York City.
During the 1950s, her mother was friends with a crowd of artists and writers who influenced young Brunhild's outlook on the world and art.
Now, Brunhild lives in Silver City near her children and grandchildren. Her newest display includes current work in addition to older pieces. Her art incorporates unconventional materials and often uses wood as a base.
Trending In: Announcements
- Carson City Democratic Men’s Committee to meet April 2
- NV Energy offering $50 to recycle old refrigerators
- Carson City broadcast of Handel’s Messiah to celebrate Easter season
- Congressional candidates visiting Douglas County Democratic Women in Minden
- Carson City yoga celebrating new location with open house on Saturday