Soroptimist International Bunco fundraiser in Dayton to benefit scholarships
November 1, 2017
Soroptimist International of the Comstock is hosting four Bunco games for prizes on Nov. 18 to benefit a scholarship fund for area students.
Money raised will help fund scholarships for students from Virginia City, Dayton and Silver Stage high schools and one for a Central Lyon or Virginia City woman who has returned to school and is the head of the household.
The event, at the Dayton Senior Center, 320 Old Dayton Valley Road, is open to everyone. Doors open at 1 with games starting at 1:30 p.m. Snacks will be provided. A no-host bar will offer beer, wine and soda for purchase.
Advanced sales of tickets are available for $15 each. For reservations, call Sharon at 775-246-1630. The price at the door goes up to $20.
The nonprofit service organization's mission is to improve the lives of local women and children. It covers the area from the border of Carson City on the east to Silver Springs on the east, including Virginia City to the north.
Trending In: Announcements
- Emergency notification system available to Lyon County residents
- State briefly: Seniors again be eligible for property tax breaks
- Carson City commodity food distribution planned for Nov. 17
- Carson City Salvation Army offering holiday food baskets to needy families
- Carson City Tears and Rainbows grief support group meetings planned