Soroptimist International of the Comstock hosting Bunco to benefit students
July 7, 2017
A family evening of Bunco on July 22 in Dayton will help send local high school students, as well as one woman who is head of the household and returning to school, attend college.
Everyone is welcome at Soroptimist International of the Comstock's fundraiser at 6:30 p.m. at the Dayton Senior Center, 320 Old Dayton Valley Road.
Doors open at 6 p.m. Four games will be played for prizes. Snacks will be provided, and a no-host bar will offer beer, wine and soda.
Tickets are $15 in advance; call Sharon at 775-246-1630. The price at the door goes up by $5.
Soroptimist International of the Comstock is a nonprofit that works to improve the lives of local women and children. It gives scholarships to graduating seniors from Dayton, Silver Stage and Virginia City high schools. It covers the area from the border of Carson City on the east to Silver Springs on the east, including Virginia City on the north.
Trending In: Announcements
- CASA of Carson City recruiting volunteers to serve abused children
- Carson City Tears and Rainbows grief support group meetings planned
- Murder mystery dinner show returning to Carson City
- Telephone company retirees meet regularly in Carson City area
- Baby-sitting certification course offered in Carson City over spring break