Spring craft fair, bake sale to benefit senior meals program in Dayton
January 23, 2018
Locally made crafts and plenty of baked treats will be sold to help a program that ensures homebound seniors have regular meals.
The Dayton Senior Center, at 320 Old Dayton Valley Road, is hosting its annual spring craft fair and bake sale from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. March 10.
The sale will raise money for Meals on Wheels, whose meal delivery, organizers said, is a much needed service for the homebound seniors who live in Dayton, Mound House, Silver City and surrounding areas.
According to Meals on Wheels of America, 92 percent of program recipients are able to stay in their homes and as independent as possible because of their meal delivery.
The sale offers not only handmade crafts, baked goods and direct sales items from consultants, but also a raffle and a thrift store.
For information, call Stephanie Wolf, Dayton Senior Center manager, at 775-246-6210.
Trending In: Announcements
- Carson City man offering abundance of free quilting, sewing books
- Carson City yoga celebrating new location with open house on Saturday
- Olympian David Wise, of Reno, writes children’s book
- Nonprofit Family Support Council of Douglas County in need of volunteers
- Carson City Kiwanis holding annual spaghetti feed fundraiser for senior meals program
- Ormsby House likely to be retail/housing, Carson City supervisors told
- Empire Ranch Golf Course sale falls through
- Live coverage of winter storm: Carson City offices closed today; 13 inches of snow falls in Carson City.
- Vegas to Reno freeway will bypass Douglas County
- Carson City Sheriff’s seek help in road rage incident