Spring craft fair, bake sale to benefit senior meals program in Dayton
January 23, 2018
Locally made crafts and plenty of baked treats will be sold to help a program that ensures homebound seniors have regular meals.
The Dayton Senior Center, at 320 Old Dayton Valley Road, is hosting its annual spring craft fair and bake sale from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. March 10.
The sale will raise money for Meals on Wheels, whose meal delivery, organizers said, is a much needed service for the homebound seniors who live in Dayton, Mound House, Silver City and surrounding areas.
According to Meals on Wheels of America, 92 percent of program recipients are able to stay in their homes and as independent as possible because of their meal delivery.
The sale offers not only handmade crafts, baked goods and direct sales items from consultants, but also a raffle and a thrift store.
For information, call Stephanie Wolf, Dayton Senior Center manager, at 775-246-6210.
Trending In: Announcements
- Mylo McCormick Project in concert at Dangberg Historic Park in Minden
- Carson City students wins Patroller of the Year for AAA School Safety Patrol program
- Nevada Conservation League kicking off public lands photo contest
- State briefly: Seniors again be eligible for property tax breaks
- 2018 GE Family Concert Series kicking off in Minden with Journey tribute band
- Amid cheers, Fallon City Council bans recreational cannabis in 3-0 vote
- Grouchy’s barbershop serves more than 500 customers in first 2 months
- Man arrested on 11 counts of sexual assault, says Carson City Sheriff’s Office
- Man injured in Carson City rollover crash
- Author from Carson City trailer park providing hope