Students in Carson City area invited to register for sustainability tour
February 20, 2018
Envirolution, a nonprofit dedicated to inspiring the next generation of leaders who will drive the growth of a sustainable economy — is holding its 3rd Sustainability Tour, a five-day exploration of Reno's sustainability movement.
Happening over Washoe and Carson City school district's spring break from March 26-30, the tour will take middle and high school students to local businesses and organizations that have implemented sustainable practices in their business models. Locations include: Tesla Gigafactory, Lockwood Landfill, RTC 4th Street Station, Oxbow Nature Park, Desert Research Institute, Ormat, Patagonia, the River School, the Great Basin Community Food Co-op and KTBM Waste Warriors.
The cost is $120 and includes transport by an RTC electric bus, guided tours of all venues, and lunch and snacks. Scholarships and financial assistance are available.
For information or to register, call Envirolution at 775-229-8488.
Trending In: Announcements
- Mylo McCormick Project in concert at Dangberg Historic Park in Minden
- Nevada Conservation League kicking off public lands photo contest
- RSVP in Carson City holding quarterly training for volunteers, field representatives
- State briefly: Seniors again be eligible for property tax breaks
- 2018 GE Family Concert Series kicking off in Minden with Journey tribute band
- Wild fire burning in Pinon and Upper Colony area of Lyon County
- Darrell Moody: NIAA gets Wooden Nickel for treatment of Dayton
- Historic Jack’s Bar in Carson City sells; Nevada Builders Alliance purchases landmark for $300,000
- Dam at Little Washoe Lake could breach
- High salaries at Nevada boards criticized in audit