Tomatomania beginning at Greenhouse Garden Center in Carson City
May 15, 2018
Tomatomania begins Saturday, May 19, and runs through Sunday, May 27.
It's time to get those tomatoes into the ground. On Saturday, May 19, the Greenhouse Garden Center will kick off Tomatomania with lots of excitement. At 9 a.m. David Ruf will give a class all about growing tomatoes and peppers successfully.
Then between 11 a.m. and 1 p.m. the Carson High School Jazz Band will perform.
The CHS Band Boosters will be manning its annual Tomatomania Hot Dog Stand from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. All proceeds will benefit the high school's music department.
The Greenhouse Garden Center is at 2450 S. Curry St., 775-882-8600.
Trending In: Announcements
- First-strike ceremony set for Sagebrush commemorative medallion
- Thomas the Tank Engine making annual trip to Virginia City
- Tractor Supply in Carson City hosting fall farmers market
- Public comment sought on Costco air quality operating permit
- Discussion in Carson City to cover new trends in Alzheimer’s, dementia care
- Douglas County Sheriff’s Office Marine Unit pulls body from 1,062 feet in Lake Tahoe
- Busy Saturday set for Carson City
- Man held on felony domestic battery, Carson City Sheriff’s Office says
- Male’s remains found inside truck retrieved from Lahontan Reservoir
- Carson City supervisors re-consider Lompa plan