United Blood Services seeking blood donations
April 16, 2015
United Blood Services of Reno seeks blood donations in its Donor Appreciation Month promotion, which enters the names of every blood donor in March in a drawing to win a home entertainment package.
United Blood Services' Hero in Me donor loyalty program is a way for donors to be recognized for their past donations with points that can be turned in for prizes like movie tickets and T-shirts. Blood donors in March also receive an additional 500 Hero in Me bonus points and a free cholesterol test.
United Blood Services of Reno is the sole blood products supplier to 20 hospitals in Northern Nevada. It needs approximately 125 blood donations every day to meet the increasing demand for their three principal blood products — red blood cells, platelets and plasma.
To make an appointment, go to http://www.BloodHero.com, or call 1-800-696-4484. Walk-in appointments are also accepted.
Trending In: Announcements
- 2018 GE Family Concert Series kicking off in Minden with Journey tribute band
- Supreme Court candidate Leon Aberasturi to be Dems luncheon speaker
- Ag Innovation Forum in Minden to cover weeds, critters and insects
- Douglas County Public Library’s summer reading program to start June 11
- Evergreen Gene’s in Carson City hosting final Memorial Day barbecue