Volunteer opportunities available through the Nevada Rural Counties RSVP program:
• Western Nevada College is seeking volunteers to assist with the following positions: interactive video facilitator, computer technician, teacher’s aide, student course evaluations survey proctor and coordinator, observatory support personnel, help in print shop, office aide, assistant recycling coordinator, assistive technology technician, note taker, information desk attendant and more.
• ComputerCorps, which restores used computers for students, needs help with rebuilding and testing computers and a front office assistant.
• Bordewich-Bray Elementary School needs classroom volunteers.
• RSVP needs drivers to transport seniors that can no longer drive, and installers for Lifeline emergency response systems. (RSVP furnishes the van for transportation).
• The Northern Nevada Railway Foundation is seeking V & T Railroad gift shop help on Dec. 5, 12 and 19. Call Marsha at 220-8218, or Judie at 338-3834 and leave a message.
For more information call LoRee at 687-4680 ext. 6. RSVP can pay out-of-pocket expenses (mileage) and carries insurance for you while on the job.