Wildflower walks planned at Spooner Lake in June
May 29, 2018
LAKE TAHOE, Nev. – Spooner Lake is home to more than 100 different species of wildflowers. Join a wildflower expert for a leisurely two-mile walk around the lake to learn about plant names, uses, habitats and to enjoy their beauty.
Park entrance fees are waived for event attendees. Pets are not recommended and children under 16 must be accompanied by an adult.
Please dress for the weather, wear sturdy shoes or boots, and bring a hat, water, snacks, sunscreen and insect repellent.
Group size is limited to 12 participants; therefore, signups are required by calling 775-749-5980 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
WHEN: June 7, 9, 13 and 15, 10 a.m. – 12 p.m.
WHERE: Spooner Lake is located a quarter mile north of US Highway 50 on State Route 28
Recommended Stories For You
CONTACT: Josh Rhein, 775-749-5980 or email@example.com
Trending In: Announcements
- Carson City forecast: Good rain, bad timing
- Ignition interlock now required for all Nevada DUI arrests
- Congress changes veteran status for Guard, Reserves
- A football game for the ages: Fallon, Truckee battle for 3A supremacy
- Fraud suspect leaves children and escapes, sheriff’s office says; reward offered