Winter trail running series picking up in Carson City
January 3, 2018
Runners of all levels are signing up for the third of five winter trail runs offered in the 8th annual Be Bold, Run in the Cold Winter Trail Series.
The race, sponsored by Ascent Runs, will start at 9 a.m. Jan. 6 at Centennial Park.
The course, described as predominantly single track trail with some technical rocky sections, offers two distance categories around the 5 and 10K marks.
The shorter race is usually 3 to 4 miles with the 10K anywhere from 6 to 8 miles, depending on conditions.
The series was created to keep runners and walkers motivated through the winter months and also as a way to supplement winter training. It highlights the extensive trail networks surrounding the capital city.
Registration is $20 per race and $10 for students. The cost on race day goes up $5.
Recommended Stories For You
For information, go to ascentruns.com.
Trending In: Announcements
- 2018 GE Family Concert Series kicking off in Minden with Journey tribute band
- Supreme Court candidate Leon Aberasturi to be Dems luncheon speaker
- Ag Innovation Forum in Minden to cover weeds, critters and insects
- Douglas County candidates to be feature in forum May 3
- Douglas County Public Library’s summer reading program to start June 11