Workshop slated to review proposed changes to Nevada Abandoned Mine Lands program
January 27, 2016
The Nevada Division of Minerals is holding a workshop to review the amendment of regulations relating to its Abandoned Mine Lands Program in Chapter 513 of Nevada Administrative Code.
The proposed changes would increase the fee imposed on filings of mining claims by $1.50 per claim to fund activities in the abandoned mine lands program. The changes would also revise the provisions of rating and ranking dangerous conditions and revise the requirements for posting warning signs and methods of securing dangerous conditions, and repeals obsolete language. The proposed changes are at http://www.minerals.nv.gov.
The meeting is planned from 2 to 4 p.m. Feb. 16 at the Legislative Counsel Bureau, 401 S. Carson St., Suite 2134. Disabled individuals who require accommodations or assistance at the workshop are asked to call the Division of Minerals at 775-684-7043.
Trending In: Announcements
- Volunteers sought for Beautification Day in Dayton
- Soroptimist to honor high school Girls of the Month and present Girl of the Year Scholarship
- Ag Innovation Forum in Minden to cover weeds, critters and insects
- Douglas County candidates to be feature in forum May 3
- Carson City’s Early Spring Farmers Market continues Saturday