Youth theater company bringing musical adaptation of ‘Junie B. Jones’ to Carson City
March 2, 2018
Wild Horse Children's Theater is presenting the Northern Nevada premiere of "Junie B. Jones Jr.: The Musical," an adaptation of Barbara Park's best-selling book series.
The story invites audiences to follow Junie B. Jones on her first day of first grade, where many changes are in store. Junie's best friend Lucille has found new best friends, and Junie B. makes friends with Herb, the new kid in school. Add in a friendly cafeteria lady, an intense kickball tournament and a "Top-Secret Personal Beeswax Journal," and first grade has never been more exciting. Junie soon learns things don't always stay the same, and that doesn't have to be a bad thing.
The family-friendly musical will be presented in the Brewery Arts Center's Performance Hall at 7 p.m. April 20 and 27; 2 and 7 p.m. April 21 and 28; and 2 p.m. April 22 and 29.
For information and tickets, go to http://www.wildhorsetheater.com.
Trending In: Announcements
- Carson City Democratic Men’s Committee to meet April 2
- Family of Cathy Atchian, Shane Quilling to benefit from fundraiser in Carson City
- Carson City yoga celebrating new location with open house on Saturday
- NV Energy offering $50 to recycle old refrigerators
- State briefly: Seniors again be eligible for property tax breaks
- Squaw Valley worker emerges from avalanche wrecked, but alive
- Carson City’s Matt Williams making return to Bay Area
- Rally Pack: Nevada Wolf Pack storms back to upset Cincinnati
- Nevada Wolf Pack Notes: Cody Martin more than an afterthought
- Ormsby House likely to be retail/housing, Carson City supervisors told