October 24, 2007
CJ & Co. Salon
101 Hot Springs Road,
Name: Cynthia Sanchez
Recommended Stories For You
Her co-employees: Deanna Fuentes, Taunna Morris, Carol Wyatt and Sue Maki.
How she got started: Styling her mother’s hair, while growing up in Las Vegas. After that, she earned her “movie money” doing hair for cocktail waitresses and then got her training at a vocational center. She’s been in the business for 40 years.
Her clientele: Mostly older women with whom she’s worked for more than 20 years. She wasn’t working in this store, formerly called The Works, for about a year because it was under a different owner. She came back with the other stylists, though, in January.
Why her clientele is like that: Younger people don’t come in every week, but only for a cut or hair color every several weeks.
How styles come back: They come back about every 25 years, just modified for the time. She said she’s seeing bi-level cuts, shag Sassoon cuts and bright colors for younger people.
Trending In: Business
- $10,000 reward offered in Gardnerville Ranchos homicides
- Washoe County Sheriff: ‘Similarities’ between Douglas, Reno murders
- 2019 State of the State Address: Gov. Sisolak seeks 3 percent raise for Nevada state workers
- Sex under scrutiny: Sex worker Alice Little: ‘Something new is going to happen’
- Carson Tahoe Medical Center set to expand