October 31, 2007
Spirit Factory Direct
2020 Highway 50 East
Grand opening is Saturday
Name: Dan Linn
Recommended Stories For You
Product: The store sells Spirit guitars, which are made in Gardnerville. They have been sold directly to artists and on their Web site, but this is the first and only retail store. The business tried selling the electric and acoustic guitars and basses through dealers but didn’t like how they were handled.
Price: $350 to $8,000
Employees: Two at the store, about 40 in the factory and about 100 internationally.
How Linn got involved: He had a friend who introduced him to the guitars and he loved how they played and sounded. Linn has been playing guitar for 40 years, mostly country and gospel. He said they plan to do instruction, too.
Trending In: Business
- $10,000 reward offered in Gardnerville Ranchos homicides
- Washoe County Sheriff: ‘Similarities’ between Douglas, Reno murders
- 2019 State of the State Address: Gov. Sisolak seeks 3 percent raise for Nevada state workers
- Sex under scrutiny: Sex worker Alice Little: ‘Something new is going to happen’
- 4 Northwest Nevada solar projects proposed