November 15, 2007
1987 N. Carson St.,
Ste. 75 in the Frontier Plaza
Owners: Pat and Rudy Thiele
Their business: They deal in antiques, collectibles and liquidations. The store opened in August.
Recommended Stories For You
What they have in their store: German and African antiques, furniture and other items
Why they came here: They’ve lived in Alaska and Germany, where Rudy is originally from, and they liked Carson City because it was warm, dry and sunny. “Even then as a tourist, Carson was friendly and nice,” Pat said.
Why an antiques store: They collected a lot of pieces they liked when they lived in Germany and, when they lived in Alaska, Rudy had a friend who had an antique store and he liked the idea.
How they keep up with customers: They have a wish list book and call customers when they get what in what the customers want.
Trending In: Business
- $10,000 reward offered in Gardnerville Ranchos homicides
- Washoe County Sheriff: ‘Similarities’ between Douglas, Reno murders
- 2019 State of the State Address: Gov. Sisolak seeks 3 percent raise for Nevada state workers
- Sex under scrutiny: Sex worker Alice Little: ‘Something new is going to happen’
- 4 Northwest Nevada solar projects proposed