November 7, 2007
1891 Nichols Lane
Name: Julia Shadden
Recommended Stories For You
Product: The KeyPik. It’s a key chain with a guitar pick-shaped container that holds up to two guitar picks.
Where it came from: John Phillips, a friend, invented the KeyPik at his kitchen table and then patented it. They are made locally at Mattox Machine & Molding. Various colors are available.
Her background: She works three jobs now, and this is her first business. “I don’t play a lick of music but I have always had a great appreciation for music,” she said.
How the product will get known: Shadden wants to advertise at trade shows, local music stores and in guitar magazines.
Who will use it besides musicians: Businesses who buy the KeyPik in bulk and put their names on it to advertise.
Trending In: Business
- Washoe County spokesman: Woodside Drive arrest in Carson City related to murders in Washoe County
- Suspect in Ranchos, Washoe homicides in custody
- Washoe County Sheriff: ‘Similarities’ between Douglas, Reno murders
- $10,000 reward offered in Gardnerville Ranchos homicides
- NDOT announces plans for traffic lights at dangerous intersection