November 28, 2007
Matrix Leadership LLC
Owner: Jojo L. Myers
Her job: She teaches leadership and management skills in Northern Nevada and around Lake Tahoe. The skills include prioritization, communication, balance of personal and professional life, delegation and decision making.
How she does it: She works with the customers over eight weeks in-house and their business.
Recommended Stories For You
What managers do wrong: She said people don’t manage their time wisely often by holding other people accountable but not themselves. The don’t have a plan for how to use their time effectively.
Things that hold people back: People put off large projects and do busy work, for instance, because they feel overwhelmed. She said it’s like putting off cleaning out your garage.
How she got the job: She was impressed with the methods of Leadership Management International and took a course from them. She is an associate of the company.
Her background: She grew up in Louisiana, worked in Colorado, and moved to Northern Nevada about two and half months ago. She lives in Dayton.
Trending In: Business
- $10,000 reward offered in Gardnerville Ranchos homicides
- Washoe County Sheriff: ‘Similarities’ between Douglas, Reno murders
- 2019 State of the State Address: Gov. Sisolak seeks 3 percent raise for Nevada state workers
- Sex under scrutiny: Sex worker Alice Little: ‘Something new is going to happen’
- Carson Tahoe Medical Center set to expand