The Nevada Restaurant Association Political Action Committee luncheon at the Siena Resort and Spa, 1 S. Lake St. in Reno, from 11:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m. Election candidates Sen. Bob Beers, Rep. Jim Gibbons, Lt. Gov. Lorraine Hunt and Sen. Dina Titus will speak and have a question and answer session. To register for the luncheon, call 702-878-2313.
• Nevada JobConnect hiring event for construction workers at the JobConnect office, 1929 N. Carson St. from 9a.m.-noon. Contact Builders Association of Western Nevada at 882-4353, or the Nevada Center for Vocational Education and Research at 265-2818.
• Builders Association of Western Nevada and the Nevada Center for Vocational Education and Research event for builders looking for employees at the Plaza Hotel, 801 S. Carson St., 4-5 p.m. Call 265-2818.
• The Sierra Nevada ARMA Chapter seminar on the Open Text Electronic Records Management system, presented by Jody White from 2:30-4 p.m. at Sierra Pacific Power Co., 6100 Neil Road in Reno. Cost: $5 for ARMA members, $8 for non-members. Contact Pat Norman at PNorman@cityoffernley.org or call Frank Addamo at 475-0869. ARMA International is a not-for-profit association of more than 10,000 professionals working in the information management field.
• The Reno-Tahoe American Marketing Association half-day program “Smaller Businesses – Lessons for Success: Marketing Staffing and More” from 8:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m. at Harrah’s Reno Convention Center. The program will feature: national columnist Rhonda Abrams presenting how to run a successful small business; marketing case studies from Vino 100 and Biodiesel Solutions; best practices in sales and marketing, presented by Alice Heiman of ARH Consulting; how to hire and retain a great staff, presented by Jim Annis of Applied Staffing. The cost is $75 and $90 in advance. No walk-ins accepted at this event. Register online at http://www.renotahoeama.com.
• eWomenNetwork accelerated networking dinner event at the Tamarack Junction, 13101 S. Virginia St. in Reno, with guest speaker Dr. Meggin McIntosh from 5-7 p.m. Registrations are $55, if still available. Register by calling 775-853-2120.
• “Hazardous Waste Management for Automotive and Heavy Equipment Repair” free seminar 9 a.m.-noon at Western Nevada Community College, 2201 W. College Parkway, room 103. This free seminar will educate vehicle repair facilities in the proper management of hazardous waste. For information visit http://www.envnv.org. To register, call 866-638-7232 or e-mail email@example.com.
• Morrison University professional development class from 9 a.m. to noon at 10315 Professional Circle, suite 201. Guest speaker is performance coach Chuck Sweeney. For information, call 720-3282.
American Association of University Women Nevada will hold its 2006 state convention, “Education is the Gateway” at the Silver Legacy Hotel. Nationally acclaimed lecturer, Dr. Meggin McIntosh, will deliver the keynote address April 22 at 7:30 p.m. Contact Reno Branch AAUW at 852-3938 for convention fee and registration information.
Selling on eBay seminar at Western Nevada Community College, 2201 W. College Parkway, room 201, from 8:30 a.m.-3:30 p.m. For information, call the Carson City Chamber of Commerce at 882-1565. The cost is $50, preregistration is required.
• Minden Rotary presents the 12th annual Comedy Tribute to Administrative Professionals at the Minden Rotary luncheon at 8 a.m. in the Carson Valley Inn’s Shannon Ballroom. Ross Turner will be the featured entertainer for this special program taking place on Administrative Professionals Day. Tickets are $30 which includes lunch and the comedy show. Advance reservations required. Call 783-6216; 782-2208 or 782-0195.
• Morrison University’s annual job fair 4-7 p.m. at the Reno Tahoe Tech Center, 10315 Professional Circle, Suite 201. Employers represented will include Harley-Davidson Financial Services, TESSCO Technologies, Covance, Charter Communications, Washoe County, Reno Police Department, Wells Fargo, Bank of America, Atlantis Resort & Casino, Reno Hilton, US Airways, City of Reno, US Army, SOS Staffing. For information, call 850-0700 or visit http://www.morrisonuniversity.com.
• The 16th annual Truckee Meadows Community College Administrative Professionals’ Conference at the Atlantis Hotel/Casino. The registration deadline is April 24. Presentations include “A Practical Approach to Workplace Diversity” led by TMCC director of diversity and equity Carlos Romo and “De-Stressing in the Workplace” by Andrea Simone-Call, TMCC’s fitness center coordinator. Visit wdce.tmcc.edu, call 829-9010.