Selling on eBay seminar at Western Nevada Community College, 2201 W. College Parkway, room 201, 8:30-3:30 p.m. For information, call the Carson City Chamber of Commerce at 882-1565. The cost is $50, preregistration is required.
• Minden Rotary presents the 12th annual Comedy Tribute to Administrative Professionals at the Minden Rotary luncheon at 8 a.m. in the Carson Valley Inn’s Shannon Ballroom. Ross Turner will be the featured entertainer for this program taking place on Administrative Professionals Day. Tickets are $30, which includes lunch and the comedy show. Advance reservations required. Call 783-6216; 782-2208 or 782-0195.
• Morrison University’s annual job fair, 4-7 p.m. at the Reno Tahoe Tech Center, 10315 Professional Circle, suite 201. Employers represented will include Harley-Davidson Financial Services, TESSCO Technologies, Covance, Charter Communications, Washoe County, Reno Police Department, Wells Fargo, Bank of America, Atlantis Resort & Casino, Reno Hilton, US Airways, City of Reno, US Army, SOS Staffing. For information, call 850-0700 or visit http://www.morrisonuniversity.com.
• The 16th annual Truckee Meadows Community College Administrative Professionals Conference at the Atlantis Hotel/Casino. The registration deadline is Monday. Presentations include “A Practical Approach to Workplace Diversity” led by TMCC director of diversity and equity Carlos Romo and “De-Stressing in the Workplace” by Andrea Simone-Call, TMCC’s fitness center coordinator. Visit wdce.tmcc.edu, call 829-9010.
• Northern Nevada Development Authority membership mixer at Greater Nevada Credit Union, 4131 N. Carson St., 5:30-7:30 p.m.
• The sixth annual Business Showcase presented by the Carson Valley Chamber of Commerce and Visitors Authority and Greater Nevada Credit Union at the Douglas County Fairgrounds Pavilion from 3-7:30 p.m. This year’s local business trade show includes free parking, free admission and each attendee will receive a raffle ticket. For information call the Carson Valley Chamber of Commerce at 782-8144 or go to http://www.carsonvalleynv.org.
Builders dinner and dancing appreciation night, presented by Builders Association of Western Nevada Associates Council featuring Russ Lindquist’s Sierra Swing Big Band at the Plaza Hotel Banquet Center, behind the hotel at 801 S. Carson St. Dinner begins at 7 p.m. Evening attire recommended. Call 882-4353 for information. Reserve space by Monday. The cost: $65 per person, $500 a table, seating eight people.
• Builders Association of Western Nevada free Stormwater Discharge Seminar at the Carson City Community Center, Sierra Room, 851 E. William St. from 9-11 a.m. Registration at 8:30 a.m.
Builders Association of Western Nevada Hooligan-style golf tournament at Empire Ranch Golf Course, 1875 Fair Way. Proceeds benefit the BAWN / WNCC Construction Trades. Registration begins at 10 a.m. with barbecue lunch at 11 a.m. and a 12:30 p.m. start. Awards ceremony following tournament. Register by May 12. The cost for a single player is $100.
Northern Nevada Development Authority membership breakfast meeting at the Piñon Plaza, 7-9 a.m.
• To list an event in the weekly business calendar, contact reporter Becky Bosshart at firstname.lastname@example.org.