December 9, 2004
• Nevada Procurement Outreach Program free informal workshop on state and local government purchasing, contracting resources and a Made in Nevada program presentation at the Washoe County Complex, 1001 E. 9th St. building C, room C110 in Reno from 9 a.m. to noon. For reservations call 687-1813 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Edward Jones investment representative Bill Planeta’s Christmas open house from 2-6 p.m. at 2176 Hwy. 50 East. For information call 841-6056.
• Dayton Area Chamber of Commerce annual Christmas mixer 5:30 p.m. at the Casino Fandango, 3800 S. Carson St. Call 246-7909.
Recommended Stories For You
• The Sierra Green Building Association year-end event on the “quality of life in the Sierra and Northern Nevada.” Also sponsored by Nevada’s Million Solar Roof Initiative and Sunrise Sustainable Resources Group at the University of Nevada, Reno Jot Travis Student Union Alumni Lounge from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Cost is $40 if paid by Dec. 12, $50 afterward, and $35 for SIGBA or Sunrise Sustainable Resources Group members. For information contact Garry Bowen at 775-690-6900 or e-mail email@example.com.
DEC. 17 & 18
• Heavenly Mountain Resort and Lake Tahoe Adventure Club present the second annual Lake Tahoe Adventure Film Festival at Caesars Tahoe Circus Maximus Showroom. Schedule, tickets, information: call (800) 648-3353 or Todd at (530) 541-8272.
• Dayton Chevron/Port of Subs Toys for Tots drive, noon-4 p.m., 35 Dayton Valley Road (at Highway 50). Santa will escort the Blue Angels Motorcycle Club and the U.S. Marine Corps to collect toys, plus Dock Dog and United Blood Services. Gabriel Angel will collect pet toys and food for the Lyon County Animal Shelter. Gift giveaways and prizes available. Call 246-9991.
• The new David’s Bridal in Reno opens at South Virginia Commons, 6745 S. Virginia St. Call 852-7978.
• Carson Nugget’s annual Christmas meal offered free from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. in the Coffee Shop. Diners just say, “I’m a guest of the Nugget today.” Call 882-1626.
To list a business event in the weekly calendar, contact Becky Bosshart at bbosshart@ nevadaappeal.com or 881-1212 or fax the information, including a contact number, to 887-2420.