Carson City law firm merges with statewide practice
A Carson City law firm will merge with a law firm that has offices in Reno and Las Vegas. The senior partner will have two new roles within the growing practice.
Crowell, Susich, Tackes & Griffin Ltd., of Carson City, will merge with statewide firm Kummer Kaempfer Bonner Renshaw & Ferrario on June 30. This merger will bring Kummer Kaempfer to 55 attorneys in four offices.
Robert Crowell, senior partner, leads the full-service firm that has practiced in Nevada for more than 50 years. It will provide Kummer Kaempfer with a Carson City office at its West Fourth Street. Crowell will co-chair the growing government relations’ practice and join the firm’s executive committee.
Michael Bonner, managing partner of Kummer Kaempfer, said in a statement that the firm’s clients will have the benefits of an increased presence in Carson City.
Crowell, Susich, Tackes & Griffin dates back to 1937 when the firm’s founder, William J. Crowell, began practicing law in Tonopah. The firm relocated to Carson City in the mid-1950s, where his sons William Crowell Jr. and Robert Crowell joined.
The Carson City firm has represented Anheuser-Busch, 7-Eleven, Las Vegas-Clark County Library District, Board of Optometry, Sierra Pacific Resources, Nevada Power Co., Burlington Northern Santa Fe Railroad, Southern California Edison Co. and the Tahoe Regional Planning Agency.
The firm’s six lawyers practice in the areas of telecommunications, public utilities, technology, aviation, general civil litigation, insurance law and regulation, corporate, estate planning, gaming and real estate law.
Members of the firm also lobby before the state Legislature.
• Robert Crowell has practiced for more than 30 years. He is past president of the State Bar of Nevada and past chairman of the Colorado River Commission of Nevada.
• J. Thomas Susich practices in administrative, government and educational law.
• Steven Tackes is a specialist in utility litigation. He is one of Nevada’s leading telecommunications attorneys.
• John Griffin practices in government relations, strategic planning and lobbying.
• Jason Woodbury practices in criminal law, civil litigation, risk management and contract law.
• William Crowell Jr. practices in civil litigation, business, contract and corporate law.