Casino Fandango expanding Oktoberfest celebration
August 28, 2018
Prepare for twice the amount of beer, brats and oompah bands as the Casino Fandango expands this year's Oktoberfest from a one-day celebration to two.
The fourth annual event will be held from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. Oct. 6 and 7. Admission is free.
"Based on the popularity of our previous Oktoberfests and this year's inaugural Memorial Day Rockin' Ribfest, we know there's a great demand in our community for events that bring people together with food, fun and entertainment," said Casino Fandango President and General Manager Court Cardinal. "We're excited to expand this year's festival to two days and encourage folks to come on down, bring friends and make new ones at what promises to be the largest Oktoberfest celebration around."
The Casino Fandango beer garden will be serving up multiple Bavarian-style craft beers and offering free tastings to sip before you buy.
Menu items include an array of authentic Bavarian foods such as hot pretzels, bratwurst, sauerbraten and spaetzle, a traditional German dumpling.
Other event highlights include games with prizes, such as pickle toss, stein holding and Hammer-Schlagen, as well as a craft fair featuring 40 vendors.
Recommended Stories For You
Live music is planned throughout both days, including lively oompah bands to set the mood.
For information, visit http://www.casinofandango.com.
Trending In: Business
- Washoe County spokesman: Woodside Drive arrest in Carson City related to murders in Washoe County
- Suspect in Ranchos, Washoe homicides in custody
- Washoe County Sheriff: ‘Similarities’ between Douglas, Reno murders
- NDOT announces plans for traffic lights at dangerous intersection
- Sex under scrutiny: Brothel owner seeks understanding with advocacy nonprofit