Find legitimate credit counseling agencies
August 9, 2005
The Web site for the National Federation for Consumer Credit Counseling can direct consumers to legitimate credit counseling services at http://www.nfcc.org.
According to federal law, three private credit tracking companies – Equifax Inc., Experian Ltd. and Trans Union LLC – must provide Nevadans with a free copy of their credit reports every year.
The agencies have set up a joint Web site to provide these free reports at http://www.annualcreditreport. com. Consumers can also call (877) 322-8228.
The agencies will not provide the free reports through their own Web sites. The program is now available for most of the country.
Trending In: Business
- Suspect in Ranchos, Washoe homicides in custody
- Washoe County spokesman: Woodside Drive arrest in Carson City related to murders in Washoe County
- Murder suspect in U.S. illegally, authorities say
- NDOT announces plans for traffic lights at dangerous intersection
- Washoe County Sheriff: ‘Similarities’ between Douglas, Reno murders