Carson City Health Department’s food-service inspections and the date of inspection (all scores are on a 100-point scale, with points deducted depending on the severity of violations):
• Tacos Don Chepe, 4999 E. Highway 50, No.11, mobile food vehicle, scored 96 points. Knobs missing from three-compartment sink faucet. Very low water pressure, inadequate for washing hands.
• Pizza Hut No. 011662, 2441 N. Carson St., restaurant, scored 91 points. Several meat items and potato salad (in salad bar) out of temperature between 47-51 degrees. Items discarded at inspection. In-use dispensing utensils are not stored properly. Nonfood contact surfaces of equipment or utensils are not properly constructed or repaired. (Prep table covers missing or broken, seal on proofer peeling off and doors do not close due to racks.) The plumbing is not properly sized, installed, or maintained. Beverage area drains are beneath level of floor sink. Floors are not constructed of smooth durable material or are not maintained in good repair. Coving missing or coming apart by freezer. Back door broken. Doors must fit tightly (close gab beneath).
• Eagle Valley Middle School, 4151 E. Fifth St., school cafeteria-fee exempt, scored 94 points. Poisonous or toxic materials not properly stored. Cloths used on food contact surfaces are not clean, do not contain sanitizer residual, or are not used properly.
• Carson City Car Wash, 1510 N. Carson St., restaurant, scored 93 points. No soap available at hand sink. Milk is held cold between 41-45 degrees.
• Mama Bears Sweets and Treats, 900 Clement St., South Lake Tahoe, mobile food cart. Scored 100 points.