In search of the best Bloody Mary
October 18, 2007
The Feisty Goat, 1881 E. Long St., will have a Bloody Mary contest at noon Oct. 28. Judges, including myself, will select the best Bloody Mary in Carson City.
I didn’t know I liked the drink until I tasted one so I could show my friend how disgusting it was.
“One time,” I told my friend, “my dad punished me by making me drink a V8.”
My friend said I didn’t know what I was talking about and that a Bloody Mary isn’t a V8.
“It is a V8,” I said, “and no one actually likes drinking a V8.”
Then I drank the Bloody Mary.
Recommended Stories For You
“Oh,” I thought.
The experience was like avoiding a half-acquaintance in public, then realizing that person is not that half-acquaintance, but a stranger. For information about the contest, call 887-0202.
• The two brothels inside the Tahoe-Reno Industrial Center have a new director of operations. Kirk Warren, formerly director of security, has the new position at the Mustang Ranch and the Wild Horse Resort and Spa. He is SWAT trained. The brothels are off Interstate 80, exit 28, east of Sparks.
• The Carson City Chamber of Commerce will unveil a billboard Monday. It will have the chamber’s logo with the Capitol, a train, yellow-leaved trees and the slogan, “Carson City, Nevada, a great place to … Live, work, play and shop.” It will be across from Costco.
• CGI Inc. of Carson City will be recognized Nov. 1 at the 23rd annual Governor’s Industry Appreciation Awards. Five businesses including CGI will be named “Distinguished Business of the Year” for their business and community contributions. According to the Northern Nevada Development Authority, the award is given to businesses that have been in business for more than five years, demonstrate strong corporate citizenship and contribute to the regional economy. For information about the event go to http://www.edawn.org/giaa or call 883-4413. For information, go to http://www.cgimotion.com.
• Lisa Alaez is the new purchasing manager at Tahoe-Reno Industrial Center’s D&D Roofing and Sheet Metal.
• Distinctive Style, 220 W. Telegraph St., Ste. A, is now open.
• Dave Cox, owner of the Grocery Outlet is lending a hand to residents seeking canned goods to donate to FISH’s Trick or Treat Food Drive now under way in the schools. Look for the coupon for 10 percent off all canned and nonperishable food items in the food drive information sent home with your student. The coupon is valid until Oct. 27. Shoppers can also enter to win a two-minute shopping spree.
• If you have business news, information, tips or questions, contact reporter Dave Frank at firstname.lastname@example.org or 881-1212.
Trending In: Business
- $10,000 reward offered in Gardnerville Ranchos homicides
- 2019 State of the State Address: Gov. Sisolak seeks 3 percent raise for Nevada state workers
- Washoe County Sheriff: ‘Similarities’ between Douglas, Reno murders
- Sex under scrutiny: Sex worker Alice Little: ‘Something new is going to happen’
- Carson Tahoe Medical Center set to expand