Opportunity Zones certified in Nevada
June 15, 2018
Gov. Brian Sandoval says the U.S. Treasury has certified Nevada's Opportunity Zones.
He said the designation will encourage private investment in parts of Nevada in the most need and "kick start" construction of affordable housing projects.
"From Southern Nevada to Northern Nevada and areas in between, the certification of Nevada's designated Opportunity Zones will benefit communities big and small," he said.
Opportunity Zones are intended to generate investment in low-income communities by providing tax breaks to private investors.
Trending In: Business
- Washoe County spokesman: Woodside Drive arrest in Carson City related to murders in Washoe County
- Suspect in Ranchos, Washoe homicides in custody
- Washoe County Sheriff: ‘Similarities’ between Douglas, Reno murders
- $10,000 reward offered in Gardnerville Ranchos homicides
- NDOT announces plans for traffic lights at dangerous intersection