Ormsby House: A quick history
December 15, 2005
The Ormsby House was built in 1972 by the Laxalt family. It passed through the hands of four other owners before being bought in 1999 by Allen Fiegehen and Don Lehr for $3.75 million.
This is not the first time the doors have closed of the 10-story building located in downtown Carson City. The Ormsby House closed in 1993 after going into bankruptcy. The doors weren’t reopened until 1995. It was closed again in 1997 and this last time in 2000.
Trending In: Business
- $10,000 reward offered in Gardnerville Ranchos homicides
- Washoe County Sheriff: ‘Similarities’ between Douglas, Reno murders
- 2019 State of the State Address: Gov. Sisolak seeks 3 percent raise for Nevada state workers
- Sex under scrutiny: Sex worker Alice Little: ‘Something new is going to happen’
- Carson Tahoe Medical Center set to expand