Pizza Factory to open in Longs center |

Pizza Factory to open in Longs center

Becky Bosshart
Cathleen Allison/Nevada Appeal Matt Ingram, owner of both Pizza Factories in Douglas County, is opening another one in East Carson City in the Longs Drug shopping center. The new restaurant is expected to be open in January.

Those who yearn for a truly Italian experience will soon be able to watch their pizzas get tossed at a new Pizza Factory in east Carson City.

Pizza Factory will move into one of the two buildings under construction on Highway 50 East and Airport Road in the Longs Drug shopping center. The buildings are expected to be completed in December or January.

Project principal Vicki Hone said Pizza Factory will occupy the corner 4,600-square-foot building along with Northern Nevada Bank. Hone is a member of Carmine Development LLC and the Hone Co.

Restaurant owner Matt Ingram said Friday the new location will open in mid- to late-January. Ingram owns the Pizza Factory in the Gardnerville Ranchos and will manage the Carson City restaurant.

He is excited to open the restaurant in Carson City because “it’s a brand-new store, and we’ll have new staff and a new community.”

He’ll begin hiring 18 to 25 employees in early January after the building is complete. Hours will be 11 a.m. to 9 p.m. Monday to Thursday, Friday and Saturday 11 a.m. to 10 p.m. and Sunday 3-9 p.m.

Ingram bought the Pizza Factory in Gardnerville in June. It’s a national franchise that specializes in fresh ingredients and customer participation in dough tossing.

Carousel Kids children’s store and El Aguila Real Mexican restaurant will occupy the 10,976-square-foot building at 3220 Highway 50 E. It can house six suites.




At 3120 Highway 50 East:

• Northern Nevada Bank

• Pizza Factory, a chain restaurant

At 3220 Highway 50 East:

• Carousel Kids, a children’s store

• El Aguila Real, a Mexican restaurant

Space is available within the building. Contact Vicki Hone at 782-7327 for information on leasing.

Contact reporter Becky Bosshart at or 881-1212.