Wells Fargo closing one Carson City branch
June 8, 2018
Wells Fargo plans to close its Capitol Center branch on Stewart Street on Sept. 12.
"This is not an easy decision or one that we take lightly. We continually evaluate our branch network, and make adjustments based on customer use, market factors, economic trends and competitor actions. This process leads to both expansion and consolidations. In the case of our Capitol Center branch, we've seen a decrease in customer traffic over the last few years," said Tony Timmons, Nevada and Utah communications for the San Francisco-based bank.
Wells Fargo customers at the branch recently received a letter about its impending closure.
Wells Fargo owns the building at 211 N. Stewart St. and Timmons said the bank will put it on the market in the next few months.
Wells Fargo has two other branches in Carson City, at 1550 E. William St. and 2424 S. Carson St.
Trending In: Business
- Douglas County Sheriff’s Office Marine Unit pulls body from 1,062 feet in Lake Tahoe
- Busy Saturday set for Carson City
- Man held on felony domestic battery, Carson City Sheriff’s Office says
- Male’s remains found inside truck retrieved from Lahontan Reservoir
- Carson City supervisors re-consider Lompa plan