Cheers & Kudos: Thanks for great staff fundraising efforts
Every year the staff at the Nevada State Division of Health Care Financing and Policy (Medicaid) have monthly fundraising events amongst our employees. We do this so we are able to help in a small way around the community and everything is donated by the staff. This year, I am proud to say we have made the following donations and contributions:
1. Cash donation made for Child Abuse Prevention Month;
2. For Thanksgiving we bought 25 turkeys for the Dayton Food Closet and held a Thanksgiving Canned Food Drive for them within our division. We were able to fill four large trash bins of food;
3. We are buying Christmas gifts for 46 residents at the Carson Convalescent Center and Nursing Home;
4. We have adopted 24 McKinney Vento (homeless/needy children) from Carson Middle School, Eagle Valley Middle School, Pioneer High School and Carson High School;
5. We gave a cash donation to Family Support Council of Douglas County;
6. And last but not least, we donated over 60 pieces of new and used luggage to DCFS foster children.
We are proud of the fundraising we do and the donations we are able to make when times are difficult for all.
Thank you everyone a DHCFP for your hard work throughout the year and a job well done!
Nevada State Division of Health Care Financing and Policy