Crime log: Motorcyclist gives Carson City Sheriff’s a ‘splitting’ headache
The following people were booked into the Carson City Jail. All are presumed innocent until proven guilty in court.
• At 8:08 a.m., a Carson man was arrested on four misdemeanor counts after a traffic stop for “splitting lanes” on his motorcycle on Highway 50 East near Deer Run Road. He was arrested on suspicion of an unsafe lane change, suspended drivers license, no turn signal and held on a failure to appear traffic warrant. Bail was set at $775.
• At 8:10 a.m., Albert Waldron, 54, was arrested after his vehicle was stopped for an expired registration at College Parkway and Highway 50. A drug dog alerted to the presence of meth in the vehicle and a search revealed both meth and paraphernalia. Waldron was also arrested on suspicion of the suspended registration and driving without valid insurance. Bail was set at $4,150.
• At 1:16 p.m., Charles Ratcliff, 68, was arrested on suspicion of assault with a deadly weapon after deputies responded to the Veranda View Motel on South Carson Street. The arrest report says when the deputy arrived he saw Ratcliff walking with a large knife in his hand and swinging it at another person. He was held at gunpoint but refused repeated commands to drop the knife until ordered to about 10 times. Bail was set at $20,000.
• At 8:20 p.m., a 32-year-old woman was arrested in the parking lot of Playa Azul on William Street, kicking and fighting with a citizen who was trying to stop her from attacking him. She continued to fight with deputies when they arrived. She was arrested on suspicion of disorderly conduct and resisting an officer as well as violating bail conditions. Bail was set at $$1,450.
• At 11:32 p.m., a 23-year-old woman was arrested on suspicion of Domestic Battery 1st offense after deputies were called to the apartment she shared with a boyfriend on College Parkway. After she refused to leave the area, he advised deputies she caused the injury to his forehead by punching him. She was held on $3,000 bail.
• At 11:26 p.m., a 32-year-old woman was arrested on suspicion of DUI 1st alcohol after a traffic stop in the 2500 block of North Carson Street. Her passenger, Billy Hyatt, 32, was arrested on suspicion of a P&P violation for consuming alcohol and held without bail. Her bail was set at $1,000.