Cason City Sheriff’s Log: Maryann didn’t slip away
The following people were booked into the Carson City Jail. All are presumed innocent until proven guilty in court.
• At 2 a.m., a 50-year-old female construction worker was delivered to the Carson Jail from Washoe County on a warrant on suspicion of failure to appear in a traffic case. Bail was set at $295.
• At 9:18 a.m., Dean Lewis, 46, was arrested on suspicion of attempted vehicle burglary after deputies were called to the Park and Ride parking lot on a report of a suspect walking around the lot with a windshield wiper in his hand. He was arrested after the deputy found a wiper blade sticking out of a vehicle’s door frame. He was held in lieu of $20,000 bail.
• At 2:35 p.m., Raymond Vasquez, 32, was arrested on suspicion of felony domestic battery by strangulation. He was already in the jail on unrelated charges. Bail was set at $15,000.
• At 5:15 p.m., Candace Evan, 23, was jailed after deputies responded to an address on Menlo Drive for a report of a domestic dispute. She was found hiding in the apartment and initially identified herself as Emily. Dispatch reported she had outstanding warrants for failure to appear and contempt of court. In addition, she was arrested on suspicion of giving a false identification to avoid prosecution, a felony. Bail was set at $27,962. Her boyfriend was arrested on a warrant out of Washoe County on suspicion of domestic battery. He was jailed on that warrant and bail set at $275.
• At 11:23 p.m., two people were arrested after deputies responded to an alarm in the 600 block of John Street for a burglar alarm. At the scene, the deputy found a small bag containing hypodermic needles on the ground at the front of the vehicle.
A search of the woman’s purse revealed more drugs. Michelle Harbour, 34, was arrested on suspicion of felony possession for sale and possession with total bail set at $22,500.
In addition, one of the other two people there was acting suspiciously and a dispatch check revealed he was on alternative sentencing conditions. He was jailed on a $3,000 bail for that violation.
• At 11:45 p.m., a 44-year-old jail inmate was re-arrested on suspicion of a warrant on suspicion of battery issued by Carson Justice Court. His bail on that count was set at $3,000.