2 caught trying to flush drugs, Carson City Sheriff’s Office says
The following people were booked into the Carson City Jail. All are presumed innocent until proven guilty in court.
• At 3:25 p.m., Katie Sardella, 24, and Shawn McDougal, 26, were arrested at the Gold Dust West on suspicion of heroin and paraphernalia possession and attempting to destroy evidence by flushing drugs and paraphernalia down a toilet in the casino. Sardella was also arrested on suspicion of violating bail conditions. Her bail was set at $14,000. His at $6,000. A third man, aged 25, was arrested on suspicion of being a convicted felon failing to register and held in lieu of $300 bail.
• At 4:27 p.m., a 38-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of DUI 1st offense alcohol after deputies were called to the 7-Eleven parking lot on North Carson Street for a report of a dispute between a man and a woman. He was in the vehicle driver’s seat. Bail was set at $1,000.
• At 4:30 p.m., Nicholas Boyd, 28, was arrested after a traffic stop at Siskiyou and Minonie for a broken tail light. A search of the vehicle turned up paraphernalia and liquid meth. He was also arrested on suspicion of having a broken tail light, no seat belt, no valid driver’s license and violating deferred sentencing conditions. Bail was set at $4,740.
• At 5:26 p.m., Thalia Reed, 27, was arrested on multiple felony counts after a deputy recognized her crossing Northridge at Roop Street. The warrant is on two counts of burglary and two of uttering a forged instrument. A search of her purse revealed a tooter straw. Total bail was set at $21,000.
• At 7:06 p.m., a man was arrested in Mills Park after deputies were called to the area on a report of someone possibly taking advantage of an elderly woman in a wheelchair. He was arrested on suspicion of a warrant out of Sparks with a $750 bail.
• At 8:10 p.m., Cassandra Broyles, 36, and Thomas Cornell, 66, were arrested on suspicion of possession of meth and paraphernalia at a residence on Columbia Way. Cornell was also arrested on suspicion of violating bail conditions. Her bail was set at $3,500; his at $6,500. A third man was also arrested on suspicion of being an ex-felon failing to register. His bail was set at $300.
• At 9:03 p.m., Jonathan Crandell, 29, was arrested on an outstanding contempt warrant after a deputy saw him at the Carson Nugget. The arrest report states a search of his backpack revealed multiple small plastic bags, a small amount of heroin and of meth along with a digital scale. He was also arrested on suspicion of possession with intent to sell. Bail was set at $5,835.
• At 9:09 p.m., Aprille Knight, 27, was arrested on suspicion of burglary after she was found in another person’s home on Columbia Way without permission. A search of her purse revealed meth and a hypodermic needle. In addition, there was a warrant for her arrest from P&P. She was held without bail.
• At 10:09 p.m., a 34-year-old engineer was arrested on suspicion of domestic battery 1st offense after deputies responded to an address on Florentine Drive. The arrest report says he punched his girlfriend during an argument. Bail was set at $3,000.
• At 7:45 a.m., Melissa Argetsinger, 32, and Michael Hervik-Harrell, 25, were arrested after deputies contacted them at Nye and Imperial. A K-9 alerted to the presence of drugs at the scene. Both were arrested on suspicion of possession of meth and paraphernalia. She was also held on three outstanding warrants. In addition he was arrested on suspicion of being an ex-felon in possession of a stun gun. Her bail was set at $4,468. His bail was set at $23,500.
• At 8:48 p.m., Michelle Harbour, 35, was arrested after a deputy spotted her walking near Adams and Curry streets. A search of her purse revealed heroin and paraphernalia. Bail was set at $4,500.
• At 1:55 a.m., Ronald Duvall, 65, was arrested as a sex offender failing to report and violating parole after a deputy responded to a report of a man sleeping on a curb. He said he was waiting to get a bus ticket to Reno. He was held without bail.
• At 2:08 a.m., a 35-year-old was arrested after a deputy recognized him while walking in the area of Fall and Lee streets. He was jailed on two outstanding warrants. Bail was set at $1,250.
• At 4:30 a.m., Hobie Gregory, 24, was arrested in the Mexican Dam area. A pat down revealed a meth pipe in his shirt pocket and a small plastic bag containing meth. He was arrested on suspicion of possession of meth and paraphernalia. Bail was set at $3,500.