5 arrested during Carson City law enforcement sweep
September 20, 2018
The Nevada Department of Public Safety, Division of Parole and Probation Carson City field office, in partnership with the Carson City Sheriff's Office and the U.S. Marshals Service, conducted Operation Safer Streets from Sept. 10 through Sept. 15.
The mission was to conduct home contacts on high risk offenders to include intensive supervision, gang members, sex offenders, habitual drug users and to seek out and locate known fugitives in the Carson City and surrounding areas.
The operation was made possible through additional funding provided by the Office of Criminal Justice Assistance, Justice Assistance Grant.
As a result of Operation Safer Streets, two offenders were arrested for violating their supervision, one fugitive was located and arrested and two civilians were arrested on felony charges.
Officers involved conducted 72 contacts with offenders in their homes or in the community and an additional 18 registered sex offenders.
Trending In: Crime
- $150,000 bail for suspicion of lewdness with a child, CCSO says
- Carson City Sheriff’s Log: Don’t be lying on sidewalk with sheriff around
- Grant to train Nevada officers to handle DUI cases
- CCSO: Reported victim actually suspect in burglaries
- 2 held for harassing ex-boyfriend, Carson City Sheriff’s Office says