Carson City deputies searching for purse-snatcher who mugged 99 year old
December 5, 2014
Carson City Sheriff's deputies are looking for the teenaged girl who mugged a 99-year-old Carson City woman Thursday afternoon.
The victim told investigators she had just pulled into the driveway of her home when she was approached by what she described as a girl about 18, dressed all in black.
Sgt. Scott McDaniel said the girl asked if that was a certain address and the victim told her no. Then, when she turned her back on the girl, McDaniel said the suspect grabbed the woman's purse from her shoulder and ran.
The victim was unhurt in the robbery. She estimated she had $300-$500 in cash in the purse.
The girl was last seen running east on Telegraph Street.
McDaniel asked that anyone who may have seen the incident, at about 4:30 p.m., or may have an idea who the robber is asked to call Central Dispatch at 887-2007.
Trending In: Crime
- Washoe County spokesman: Woodside Drive arrest in Carson City related to murders in Washoe County
- Suspect in Ranchos, Washoe homicides in custody
- Washoe County Sheriff: ‘Similarities’ between Douglas, Reno murders
- NDOT announces plans for traffic lights at dangerous intersection
- Sex under scrutiny: Brothel owner seeks understanding with advocacy nonprofit