Carson City Sheriff’s Log: Drug and alcohol arrests made during New Year’s holiday
The following people were booked into the Carson City Jail. All are considered innocent until proven guilty in court.
• At 3:57 p.m., four people were arrested at a residence on Corbett Street after one man was identified in a video as a suspect in a petit larceny at Grocery Outlet. The 21-year-old was arrested on suspicion of petit larceny and obstructing an officer for attempting to hide in the residence. In addition, Nicole Carrasco, 33, was arrested on suspicion of possession paraphernalia and felony possession of meth. Two other men were also charged with misdemeanors in the case.
• At 6:30 p.m., a 25-year-old Carson man was arrested on suspicion of domestic battery-first offense after an incident in which he allegedly hit his roommate’s pregnant girlfriend and destruction of property for breaking a window in the residence on North Edmonds. His bail was set at $3,500.
• At 10:19 p.m., a 19-year-old was arrested on suspicion of possession of marijuana and paraphernalia following a traffic stop for speeding at North Carson and Musser streets. Total bail was set at $1,600.
• At 3:11 a.m., a Carson man was arrested on suspicion of several misdemeanors following a traffic stop for not having current registration on his vehicle. He was also charged with possession of paraphernalia, driving without a valid license and no proof of insurance. Total bail was set at $1,750.
• At 11:50 a.m., a 34-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of DUI-first offense after deputies responded to an address on Dale Drive on a report of some one pointing a gun at a house. He allegedly tried to drive away as the deputy approached. Bail was set at $1,000.
• At 8:09 p.m., a 46-year-old was arrested on suspicion of several misdemeanor violations following a traffic stop on North Carson Street at College Parkway. He was charged with driving on a suspended registration and suspended license, and having an open container of beer in the vehicle. In addition, he was held on two warrants issued by Reno Justice Court. Total bail was set at $1,875.
• At 11 p.m., a 42-year-old Sacramento man was arrested on suspicion of domestic battery after deputies were called to the Hardman House hotel on a report of some one making threats. He allegedly physically grabbed a woman during an argument at the Nugget casino. Bail was set at $3,000.
• At 12:36 a.m., a 31-year-old was arrested on suspicion of DUI-first offense after a traffic stop on Highway 50 East. He was also charged with violating bail conditions and driving down the middle lane of the roadway. Total bail was set at $1,025.
• At 6:18 p.m., a 31-year-old was arrested on suspicion of reckless driving after being stopped for doing 75 mph in a 35 mph zone at the Interstate 580 Fairview on-ramp. He was also charged with possession of a prescription drugs without a prescription and failure to yield to an emergency vehicle. Total bail was set at $2,800.